In this City, anyone could be a legend in disguise. King Arthur, Alice in Wonderland, or Tlaloc the Aztec Rain God live within regular Janes and Joes. The mythical is real, but no one can remember it. Millions of oblivious people walk these streets, thinking this City is ordinary, while the legendary skulk behind the veil of the Mist.
Hit the rainy streets of an enigmatic metropolis where modern-day incarnations of legends wield mythical powers. Investigate unsolved cases involving ancient myths living within ordinary city residents and confront the hidden forces pulling the strings from beyond the veil of the Mist. Make hard calls about whether to promote your inner legend or your everyday life, then suffer the consequences. And when it all falls apart, stop holding back and become the unstoppable avatar of your Mythos...
City Of Mist: Core Set is a slipcase box set featuring signature City of Mist art with everything your game group needs to start your City of Mist campaign:
- The Player's Guide book: the complete rules on character creation, player actions and resources, and character development.
- The MC Toolkit book: the setting, MC rules, case writing guide, adversary creation guide, and ample ready-to-use content (adversaries, arch-villains, and a case)
- The 3-panel, landscape foldable MC Screen, with handy suggestions, tips, and ideas on how to run City of Mist at the table
In addition, you receive two City District PDFs included with every set:
- Tourist Trap: A dark and treacherous tourism district by James Introcaso, co-designer of Dungeons & Dragons' Dragon Heist
- La Colonia de Sombras: A latin district inspired by Mexican and meso-american mythology, by Mark Diaz Truman of Magpie Games
Mature Warning: contains graphic and written content of a mature nature, including horror, violence, sexual themes, and strong language. Reader discretion is advised.